Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Minority Report

Yager, McCray and I got alongComputer Technology together real well from the beginning. We actually called ourselves "The Minority Report" because we were the minorities in the house. It wasn't really a cultural thing. Yeah, we Wake up your lifewere the three brown people, but the clique also included Noke. He was a white guy, but he was a minority because he was from Australia. We also told Nick, who's from The Matrix RevolutionsCanada, that he should come kick it with us. But Nick does his own thing. He was pretty much by himself, though he got along with everybody.
Now, we got ourselves into a little bit of it is your lifetrouble the second night in the house by firing off air-horns in the middle of the night. We didn't want to mess with people the night of fights and definitely not before weigh-ins because you know how everybody gets edgy before weigh-ins. Words to Live by
The prank started on the very first day. After the preliminary fights, McCray and Yager ended up swiping the air-horns the officials use to signal the end the rounds. We had them the first night, but we decided not to use them until the second night.
I was actually sleeping right before they did it. We had the earlier practice the next morning, so I told them to get me up. They came and got me up, and we went and blew the air-horns on both sides of the house. I guess everybody got pretty pissed off. The good thing about it was nobody really knew that I was involved. Nobody saw me. They thought that it was just McCray and Yager, and they were all telling me what they were planning to do to McCray and Yager. So there I was collecting info like a double agent. It was pretty funny.
Even though everybody got pretty upset, I wasn't too worried. Minor stuff like that, there's no regrets. It was all in fun, and you have to expect stuff like that to happen. How else do you pass six-weeks' time with a bunch of other testosterone-filled dudes? Some guys took it better than others, but overall it was funny.Noke vs. McKinneyThe first fight was Noke vs. Clayton McKinney, and that was all the coaches' doing. I actually wanted to fight first. I went up to the coaches and said, "Hey, look, if possible, could I please fight first?"
I think I was the only guy on my team that finished their fight so fast in the first round, and I told them that I was uninjured. Some of the other guys had some tougher fights, and I thought they'd like some time to rest. I wanted to be the first one up, and I was willing to fight anybody the coaches wanted me to fight. They said they'd take it into consideration, but when they came back, they picked Noke vs. McKinney.
I didn't really understand the matchup. I'm not questioning them they're my coaches, and I look up to them. They know what they're doing, but in my opinion, I thought Noke was a tough guy, and I honestly would have put him against one of the tougher guys.
Nothing against McKinney, but he was not one of the tougher guys on the team. He was a bit injured, and he pretty much had no ground game. So I didn't understand why they put one of our strongest against one of their weakest, but that fight happened, and it was pretty one-sided.fter the fight, you saw the interactions on Team Ortiz, but we didn't know that was going on. I had no clue that Tito was getting on McKinney's back, but I think it's good that he was. Everybody needs to be pushed.
After Team Ortiz left, we went directly into a training session. We were feeling pretty good about the first win, and it definitely showed that maybe Chuck had done OK with his picks, after all.
http://www.amuselounge.com
http://www.aussiev8.com.au
http://www.ceprya.com/vb
http://www.hammerboard.ca
http://forum.bike-magazin.de